And Now For The Recipe!
Authentic Kentucky Bourbon Balls
(Makes 80-100 balls)
- 2 cups finely ground pecans (for a really rich, nutty flavor, toast them in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes)
- 7 ounces any Kentucky Bourbon
- 1 cup softened butter
- 32 ounces confectioner’s sugar
- 18 ounces semisweet chocolate
1. Soak the nuts overnight: place the nuts in a sealable jar and pour the bourbon over the nuts. Seal and allow to soak overnight.
2. Mix the butter and sugar and fold in the soaked nuts. Put the bowl in the fridge and chill for about an hour.
3. Line a tray with waxed paper or parchment paper.
4. Scoop the mixture into 3/4-inch balls and arrange them on the tray.
5. Put the tray in the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight.
6. Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over just barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching.
7. Roll each ball in the melted chocolate to coat and arrange on the prepared tray.
8. Before the chocolate sets, top each ball with a whole toasted pecan.
9. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Or freeze in a plastic container for up to two months.
I can’t wait to see you next time you’re in the beautiful state of Kentucky. You can book your stay online by clicking here. Or, if you have questions, need suggestions, or just want to book your reservation with me directly, free to call 859-689-5096.
Crockpot Meals Menu:
- Rigatoni pizza with Italian sausage and pepperoni, mixed green salad, breadsticks.
- Pot Roast with carrots and new potatoes, mixed green salad, soft dinner rolls.
- White chicken chili with all the toppings on the side, cold broccoli with Italian dressing, cornbread.
- Meatloaf mashed potatoes and gravy, carrot salad, soft dinner rolls.
- BBQ Pulled Pork sandwiches, coleslaw, pickles, buns.
Let me know your thoughts on our new meal ideas. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.
If you enjoyed this newsletter, forward it to a friend!